Five ways To Beat Depression With Ayurveda
Depression affects up to 20,000,000 people worldwide every day; says science. It also observes that women are more vulnerable than men. It gets worse after childbirth, prior to menstruation and after menopause. From the angle of Ayurveda, Depression are of 3 types, every dealt with differently. In short, we will say that in positive situations, vata from the colon, pitta from the gut or kapha from the stomach enters the general stream and lodges in the apprehensive system, interfering with its functioning.
The emotions commonly associated with vata-kind depression are fear, anxiety, anxiousness and insomnia. Ayurveda treats depression of this type with those home treatments:
- Tulsi and sage tea. Drink two times a day
- Nostril drops of heat sesame oil. Morning and night on an empty belly.
- Rubbing the top of the pinnacle and the soles of the charge with sesame oil
- Vata depression is sustained by using loneliness. Strive spending as a whole lot time as possible with different humans
PITTA DEPRESSIONPitta depression can end up very serious and perilous, associated with suicidal thoughts – in which case it's far necessary to seek advice from a doctor. The emotions related to this form of depression are anger, fear of failure or losing control. Pitta personalities are liable to seasonal affective ailment – a moderate form of depression occurring in wintry weather.
In all case of pitta melancholy, those ayurvedic remedies can assist:
- Rub coconut oil onto your scalp and the soles of the feet simply before bedtime.
- Drink ginko tea 2-3 times an afternoon
- Use brahmi ghee nose drops on an empty belly – three - five drops in every nose
- Meditate, even as little as a couple of minutes an afternoon may be very beneficial
KAPHA DEPRESSIONKapha depression is related to a feeling of heaviness – manifested in extra sleep, drowsiness, weight benefit and typical sluggishness. Attempt these natural, ayurvedic treatments to alleviate kapha melancholy:
- Fasting for three- four days to release pollution
- Persistence exercising
- Ginger tea , twice an afternoon
- Try punarnava ghee nasal drops – twice a day, five drops in each nose
- Sun Salutation – 12 repetitions a day
Follow a balanced diet
Know that your choice of food items impacts your mental well-being. Follow a healthy diet and you will ensure your mental well-being. Minimize processed food, refined sugar and soft drinks.
Saffron, according to experts, offers the safest form of treatment for depression. There are no scientific proofs to establish this claim. Still, saffron is definitely worth experimenting.
Include fish oil in your diet
Omega fatty acids are must for the health of your brain; researchers say. A recent study published in the CNS Neuroscience Therapeutics too attests to this observation. It shows that fish oil is great to treat depression in children.
The quality of your sleep too play a vital role in your mental health. Make sure that you are sleeping at least seven hours a day. This helps your brain get refreshed the next morning. Avoid napping during the day. This way, you will reserve all your sleep for the night. And when on bed, your tired body will fall asleep naturally. Waking up along with the nature too will work wonders for your mind. The silence at the time helps you prepare for the day ahead. If everything fails, spend a few weeks in an Ayurveda retreat center. We know what we do and make sure that you leave the retreat feeling well, both in mind and body.