- Consuming light foods only (such as Kitchadi and Kanji)
- Consuming fruits, vegetables, or juices only.
- Abstaining from solid foods
- Abstinence from both food and water.
It’s best to choose a fasting period in which you’ll be able to follow a peaceful, non-stressful routine.It’s also important always to break your fasts properly. The most important rule to remember is to begin eating again gradually, slowly working your way up to solid foods. Preparatory treatments to Panchakarma include light fasting, steam therapy, herbalized oil massage, and the intake of herbal decoctions or oils. These procedures help loosen accumulated toxins (ama), which then enter the major channels of the body for elimination.Health benefits of fasting:
- Acne, pimples and other skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis clears up faster when a person fasts.
- Fasting reduces joint pains in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- It helps to overcome addictions and help in deaddiction.
- Fasting brings glow to skin and makes skin radiant.
- Body energy level and Immunity increases when you fast.
- Body tissues get rejuvenated.
- This Helps in weight reduction and to control obesity.
One of the famous Ayurveda resort ,Elephant pass Ayurveda & yoga retreat,where you can enjoy and experience all kind of Ayurveda treatments,massages at River side resort kodanad,near Cochin International Airport,Kerala India.