Ayurveda offers great many remedies for the disease. The most important among them is abhyangam. You can do it as a therapy from an Ayurveda center or include it in your skin care routine.
The following guide will definitely help you if you decide to do it on your own. The process
Understand the importance of Abhyangam. This deserves utmost importance if you plan to include it in your skin-care routine. Evaluate its need and determine that you will do it every day, at least for a few months. Only then would you be able to enjoy the immense health benefits it offers. Done this, follow the steps explained below.
- Buy abhyangam oil from a reputed Ayurveda center.
- Pour the oil into a small white cup.
- Take a small pan and boil water in it.
- Place the cup of oil in the pan.
- Keep it there for five minutes. Make sure that it is not too hot for the body to bear.
- Sit on a clean towel. Close the room and switch off your AC. Do not turn on the fan.
- Begin massaging your body. Pay special attention to each area. The quantity of oil should be such that your hands should move smoothly.
- Massage each part for five minutes.
- Start with your head or shoulder. Then you can move on to your feet. Come to the center only after completing the extremities.
Abhyanga, if done properly, should take at least 20 minutes to complete.