Ayurveda – ‘The Science of life’
Science of Life – Ayurveda is one of the earliest medical sciencewhich made a positive impact on health by blending social, moral, physical, mental and social welfare. Ayurveda has its origin in India from the Pre Vedic Period – Both Rigveda and Atharvaveda has documented Indian Medical Knowledge with reference on Health and Diseases.
These are documented in Ayurveda text – SushrutaSamhita and CharakSambita around 1000 years ago originating in India and practices for attaining Health in pursuit of human life – Dharma – Artha – Kama and Moksha. Moksha is the ultimate goal of human being.
Ayurveda is a combination of the words Ayur and Veda. Veda stands for Knowledge which is Authentic and Ayur means Life, life is a form of Body – Shareer, Sensory Organs – Indria, Atma – Soul. This is synonymous with Jeevitham- Nityaga, Anubandha and Dhaari.
The Major Eight branches of Ayurveda are as follows:
- Kaya Chikitsa – General Medicine.
- Bala Roga Chikitsa – Pediatrics.
- Graha Chikitsa – Treatment for evil spirits.
- Urdwanga tantra – E.N.T & Ophthalmology.
- Shalya Chikitsa – Surgery.
- Visha Chikitsa – Toxicology.
- Rasayana Chikitsa – Rejuvenation Therapy.
- Vajeekarana Chikitsa – Aphrodisiacs.
Tridosha’s In Ayurveda
Concepts on which Ayurveda Medicine is based is Rasa GunaViryaVipaka and Karma , this was developed by renowned acharyas – Charaka , Vagbhada etc. The basic methodology of Ayurveda treatment is to restore the natural state of Doshas termed as Prakritishthapana .
The Treatment is all about bringing back the vitiated Doshas to normality.
This is the only dosha which can move by itself and make other doshas moving. It is considered as king among doshas. All the activities or movements like circulation, heart beating, elimination, binking of eyes etc. can be done because of Vata. Balancing and imbalancing of this dosha will be quicker while comparing with other doshas. It is seen that a person with vata prakriti have a dry and rough skin, will be lightly built, will be quick in their mental process and initiation of action.
Pitta stands for heat, mind and body transformation. Body transformation, metabolism and digestion are a result of Pitta. A person with Pitta Prakriti tends to have higher body temperature and sweats a lot.
Khabham – water and earth, is smooth, taste sweet and rigid cold. It manages the immune system, people whose body constitution is more of Khabham has soft limbs and are very slow to understand. They generally tend to have low digestive power
Do’s & Don’t
- Sleep at regular times and preferably between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am.
- Use Umbrella while walking outside (both day and night) and minimize the exposure to extreme heat, cold water, sun and wind.
- Organic / vegetarian food will be served, as prescribed by the physician. Avoid overeating and eating before the previous meal has been digested, as well as avoid eating too quickly and swallowing without chewing. Strictly avoid from eating any food from outside. Guests are advised not to take any food or drinks other than the diet provided at resort. Otherwise it will adversely affect the treatments.