Hairloss and Ayurveda treatments
In the recent past a large number of people are approaching for Ayurveda treatment in connection with hair loss complaint. The root cause of hair loss in male circle is mainly because of vitamin deficiency and some sort of hormonal changes. Using various brands of shampoos are also one of the reasons for hair loss. In female falk, this happens due to vitamin deficiency, hormonal problems ,Genetical reasons and at the time of menopause. The irregular bath without the application of oil on head is also found one of the reasons happening to this.
Ayurvedic approach towards Hair Loss
In ayurveda solutions are aplenty to solve this problem very nicely. According to ayurveda, the hairloss is associated with the body and mind interconnected. Generally Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss includes diet, Medicated herbal oil, meditation and yoga.As hair fall is considered a problem of pitta dosha , you need to identify the bad eating habits that are contributing to the increase of pitta in your body.Pitta is increased by excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. Pitta is also aggravated by eating too much fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods.
Some important Useful Dietary Tips:
- Drink fresh juices of carrot, alfalfa, lettuce and spinach for aiding in hair growth.
- Aloe vera: Take 1/3rd cup of aloe vera juice. Instead of this, you can also take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with a pinch of cumin thrice a day for 3 months for hair fall control.
- Green leafy vegetables and fruits: No one can underestimate vegetables and fruits for preserving hair fall, as they are rich in fiber which are an excellent in preventing hair fall.
- Drink plenty of water. You do need to flush out the toxins that have accumulated in your body and drinking water is the best of doing it.
- Alcoholic drinks have animosity with good hair so you should better avoid it.– Vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, zinc, sulphur and some important fatty acids are very important to make the roots of your hair strong. You can find these nutrients in sprouts, yeast, buttermilk, nuts, milk, soy beans and whole grains. Include these in your diet and you can expect to reduce your hair fall in a few months.
Role of Yoga and Meditation in Hair Loss Treatment:
Yoga & Meditation plays an important role in the Hair loss treatment .Inverted asanas such as Sarvangasana that tend to reverse the gravity on the body are best suited for treatment of hair loss. They stimulate the flow of blood to the head. Make sure you pratice such asanas under the guidance of a yoga teacher.
Ayurvedic Herbs recommended for Hair Loss Treatment:
Bhringaraaja: known as king of the hair, promotes hair growth on the head and effectively stops and reverses balding and premature graying. It helps to calm the mind promoting sound sleep. Bhringaraaja (Eclipta prostrata) is taken internally and used externally as Bhringraj oil and is an excellent rejuvenator
Brahmi: This hair pack is available in most Indian grocery stores and used with curd is an excellent hair pack.
Amla: Indian gooseberry is packed with Vitamin C and thus loaded with antioxidants. In powdered form it can be mixed with henna, brahmi powders along with curd to make a great hair pack.
Neem: This is a natural remedy against dandruff and lice and also has blood purifying abilities. Use in powdered form with coconut oil or curd to massage scalp.
Ritha: These are natural soap nuts that are used for cleaning hair without stripping off the natural oils. Use in powdered form to massage scalp and wash off thoroughly.
Ashwagandha: weakened immune system is one of the fators for hair loss. Ashwagandha makes you feel energized and healthier. It stops stress, increases vigor and helps regrow lost hair.
Medicated Herbal Oils and Massage for Hair loss:
There are different types of oils useful in hair fall – coconut oil, amla oil, brahmi oil, arnica oil or
mustard oil. Honey can also be used to stimulate growth in hair follicles. Apple cidar vinegar can also be used for fast hair growth.
Ayurveda is the only solution to recover from hair loss problems. Nowadays lots of treatment centeres and ayurveda treatments are available in India especially in Kerala. Elephant pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat is the one of the famous ayurveda resorts in Kerala. Here you can experience all kind of ayurveda treatments for hair loss, as well as Panchakarma..etc. An ecotourist place situated in the lap of Malayattoor mountain and The river Periyar.