Back Pain is felt along the spine of the human body, and it might be acute or chronic depending upon the intensity. Some people suffer from back pain for seemingly no reason at all, and in some cases the cause can be lying on the wrong mattress in wrong position. However, if the pain persists for an extended period of time, it is advisable to seek immediate medical attention as there can be any number of reasons for the back pain to keep on recurring. Ayurvedic treatment for back pain is a natural and holistic method by which complete cure can be attained.
- Mechanical problems: Intervertebral disc degeneration or the breaking down of the disc in the vertebrae is a major cause of back pain. This is mostly caused with old age and the process in irreversible. Muscle spasms or herniated discs are also other mechanical problems associated with back pain.
- Injuries: Injuries caused due to falls or accidents can often result in back pain, as the spine has to bear the force of the injury.
- Infections: Certain acquired diseases like infections and scoliosis, might spread to the spine. People suffering from arthritis might also face the same issues as well as those who have developed kidney stones or have endometriosis – a condition where the uterine tissue builds up outside the uterus. Pregnancy can also cause back pain.
The nature of the back pain and back pain treatment might also vary depending on the condition – it might be a dull throb or a piercing pain, accompanied by burning or soreness of the muscles.
- Cervical:The pain might be cervical, if it occurs nearer to the neck. This mostly occurs while trying to move the neck from side to side and the pain increases if there is no movement in the neck for a long time, like watching a movie. Spondylosis in the neck can be common cause for this pain.
- Thoracic: If the pain is in the middle of the back, along the length of the spine and throughout the waist region, then it is classified as thoracic. Working in a continuous hunching manner or lifting heavy loads while bending down can be a reason for this kind of pain.
- Lumbar: Lower back pain can be caused due to bad posture and most of the time, sedentary lifestyle can be held responsible for it. This is the most common type of back pain that many people complain of, especially those who sit in front of their computers for a long time.
- Coccydinia: This kind of pain occurs right near the tailbone and can be caused by prolonged sitting. However, usually an external injury can be the cause of this kind of pain.
Severe back pain in Ayurveda is known as Kati Shula. Associated with the patient may complaint with stiffness and radiating pain to both lower limbs. Treatment is carried out with a combination of yoga sessions and herbal therapy. The Panchakarma Therapy has been used with successful results, and not only does it help in relieving the pain at the moment, but it also prevents future recurrence. Stiffness of the neck and shoulders, and pain in the limbs which spreads out from the spine can be drastically reduced with these therapies.
- Upanaha or medicinal poultice
- Vasti (medicinal enema)
`Here in Elephant pass, we are giving all sort of treatments exclusively meant for Back pain. One of the best Ayurveda Resort in an Eco friendly village, Kodanad near Malayattoor. Here you can Experience all kind of Ayurvedic treatment at River view cottages .A best place to enjoy and experience the feel of traditional Ayurveda treatments with Yoga sessions.