AYURVEDAAyurveda is an ancient technique of treatment, originated in Indian thousands of years ago. Today it is popular not only in Asian region but many parts in the worlds for its efficiency in treatment of wide range of diseases. It makes use of natural herbs , exercise and thoughtful procedures in the treatment which are absolutely free of side effects. Ayurveda has proven to be equally effective in management of stress and strain related problems of life caused due to several reasons.
Stress and HealthFor a good health, it is very important that one should be in control of his/her mind. Without a healthy mind , one cannot achieve a healthy body. Negative emotions or stress is a major cause of many diseases. Stress reduces the immunity of the body and thus turns it into a host of disease causing micro organisms and parasites, which causes further deterioration of the bodily and mental health. Ayurveda with its assisting practices like Yoga, Pranayama and meditation is the way to fight stress and come back to the beautiful life by gaining control of the mind. Once in control of the mind, a person doesn't remain slave of the mind but becomes the master and starts enjoying life.
What is Stress ?Stress is nothing but the body’s reaction to a situation. Faced with a emotionally or physically challenging situation the body adjusts itself and releases certain chemicals like adrenaline etc to cope better with the situation. This results in expressions like beating heart, moisture or a flushed or irritated face. Small amounts of stress are actually considered to be beneficial and productive towards work, where in the person puts the extra effort to achieve his/her accomplishments. But chronic stress can affect the normal physical and mental functioning of the body and may lead to break down of certain bodily mechanisms. Ayurveda considers depression or stress is linked with a basic element of the body tissues called "Ojas" ,a misbalance in this element within the body causes the individual to get stressed or anxious. To bring back this lost balance of "Ojas" and to reduce amount of stress , Ayurveda recommends the following kinds of treatment. The treatments are aimed at removal of toxic substances from the body system and nourishing the body at the same time:
Ayurveda Treatment for Stress Related Problems.
- Panchkarma techniques are found to be very useful in treatment of stress related problems. Panchkarma is a procedure which finds the cause of the problem and corrects it by balancing the doshas of the body. Suggested in stress related case are Abhyanga, Shiroabhyanga and Shirovasti.
- Brahmi is a herbal medication that balances the two hemispheres of the brain and activates the chakra of crown.
- Chandan (sandalwood) is calming agent which cools down the mind by satiating Pitta dosha.
- Ashwagandha is an important herb that is known to maintain the chemical balance in the brain and is a proven stress buster.
- A herb named Yashtimadhu enhances the cognitive functioning of the brain by improving various perception and memory related areas.
- Apart from the above herbs , the one that are used in the treatment of stress realted problems are Shankh Pushpi, Vacha,Amalaki and Guduchi.